Friday 10 April 2009

Day 9

Baseball!!

You don't need to know anything about school other than we learned to count to 99999 and we learned to ask where things are and to answer. Also it today it was Katarina-san's birthday :) Someone bought her a cake and card which was very sweet of them. I hope it was a nice surprise for her and that she had a lovely day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATARINA-SAN!!

Once we finished school and Chibiusa-chan had finished his Korean food we made our way to Tokyo Dome for Yomiuri Giants versus Hanshin Tigers. I've never been to a baseball game before but I'd heard that they're a lot of fun in Japan. We had standing tickets which basically meant standing at the back behind the reserved seats. Honestly, it was fine there. You could just about see and we were right in the thick of it all. We missed the first 15 minutes of the game so we didn't see everything getting started. When we arrived, the Hanshin Tigers were batting. Our area where we were standing was quite quiet while the Tigers fans were all singing and going crazy. I thought "if they dont start doing that over here I'm going to switch to the Tigers" but as it turns out, like in life, the Japanese treat their rival spectators with as much respect as they do their colleagues and what not. So when one team bats their fans sing. Then the other team bats and the other fans sing. This meant that when the Giants stepped up to swing the crowd went crazy. Cheering, chanting, singing, waving stuff. It was the best atmosphere at a sporting event I've ever witnessed. I've uploaded a little video for you to watch.
If you ever come to Japan then you have to try this out. It only cost us 1000 yen for the standing tickets which isn't much for 3-4 hours of entertainment. I do warn you however...
1 - Don't buy the beer! It's 800yen! :O Bring your own but be prepared to pour it in to paper cups at the door.
2 - Don't go in the shop or you might do what I did and buy a big orange "Giabbit" like I did

So as always, I will leave you with a selection of pictures from the game. No laughing at my orange ears :)

p.s. Today I found Cookie Kit kat which as it turns out it like a mini chunky kit kat. Thicker than a regular kit kat but thinner than a chunky. Doesn't really taste any different :( Jasmine Tea flavour is still winning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was amazing I'll never forget this day