Friday 17 April 2009

Day 15

I was sick today so I hardly did anything. I didn't sleep much the night before so by the time I'd arrived at school I was shattered and therefore couldn't concentrate very much. We were learning things related to time and events. So we learned "it's 5.45pm" and "Yesterday I got up at 8am" and "This evening I will not study". I was lost by about 10 minutes in to the lesson and felt more and more sick as the day went on so by the time class was over it felt like I'd learned nothing. And then I had to do a quick "bai bai" and dart for the toilet once more as the can of hot tea that I bought wanted to come back up :s

Once I'd managed to get back to Warabi, I called in to the supa (supermarket) and bought a few bits and pieces. Some tofu, kitkats (as always), cheese, tomatos and some other stuff I can't remember. An avocado too though it's not ripe enough to eat yet. Then I headed back to the guest house, cooked some spaghetti and sat in bed watching tv for the rest of the night. All in all a pretty uneventful day.

I almost forgot...before I got to school I stopped by Shinjuku and bought myself a Japanese language book called "Genki" which is pretty good and also the News calendar that I've been talking about and looking at in the shop for nearly 2 weeks. It's hanging by my door already and of course, I selected the Yamapi poster to go with April...and probably May and June too :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

brian likes those genki books...we haven't gotten any of them yet....and no, i do not miss the toilets either >_< lol