Wednesday 22 April 2009

Day 20

Alas, today I left the guesthouse without my camera. God damu! And it would be the day that Daniel-san and I had planned to visit the Tokyo Tower. In all fairness we could have picked a better day as once again in Tokyo it rained. But when it rains here it really rains. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...the day began earlier.

School was ok I guess. More learning verbs and whatnot. Sometimes it's so easy to understand what's going on, othertimes, I'm so lost it's unbelievable. My head isn't really in it either to be honest as I'm missing home terribly. I'm getting pretty sick of a lot of things here...the trains, the hustle and bustle, the food (they only have 2 tastes in Japan...super sweet or soaked in soy sauce aka salty), the lack of ocean, the train. God I hate the train. I guess when you spend this much time away from your home you start to realise how much you miss it. The thing I miss the most (other than people and Elphaba of course) is vegetables tasting like vegetables. I think only those who've tried veg here will understand. And I miss pizza. And I miss cheese that I can afford to buy lol. I miss home but I will perserver and I will enjoy my time here. For example, this weekend I will visit Yokohama and ride the ferris wheel of doom. I think I shall start arranging my weekends from now until I leave also. There isn't anything planned with the school so I'm gonna start booking hotels in the places I want to visit.

After school Daniel and I planned to get ramen. It was something he had on his list of things to do in Tokyo before he leaves on Saturday. There's a place near school that we've been to before so some of us went there. I had negi ramen again. Yum, leek :)

Once the munching was over I bought an umbrella as the rain was getting worse by the minute and we made our way to Tokyo Tower. The weather was so bad you couldn't see the top though we had no plans to go up as it's kinda crap and better to look at from the ground. So we wandered about the shops and I bought a gift for the Elphablob which she'll love and then had a Green tea and Orea McFlurry. Om nom nom. And yes Wendy, om nom nom means it tastes good. If you're not saying it out loud you're doing it wrong. Om nom nom!

Hopefully, if Danny boy can get his sisters camera to work, he will forward some piccies to me. For now I can only leave you with the latest KitKat discovery....Kinako. Translated it means soy bean flour and it tastes a little like peanut butter so I'm lead to believe. Didn't try this though as I gave it away.

ps, sorry for always being behind with blogs, I never seem to have enough time to do anything here. No wonder my studies suffer^^

No comments: