Monday 13 April 2009

Day 12

Just a short entry. Today was the day of our Welcome Ceremony. A total waste of time if you ask me but we had to go. The basic idea was we had a small presentation from the school principal, who was too busy to turn up, an introduction to the teachers, none of which I understoon, followed by introducing ourselves to the other 80 people in the room and then a photograph. As tempted as I was to stand up and say "Watashi wa Benjamin Linus desu. Losto irando-jin desu. Yoroshiku onigaishimasu" I thought I'd better behave and just introduced myself as Laura from England. They don't understand Wales here so it's just easier to say Igirisu-jin though that's a mouthful in itself.

Then it was time for food though our quiet cheap lunch was hijacked by everyone non-Japanese at the ceremony. It was nice to meet some new people though so it was ok. Tomorrow I think I'll just hit Hotto Motto or that other cool bento place on my own for a quiet dinner. I don't know the name of the cool bento place but I remember them having fried tofu in their buffet style selection and fried tofu is a personal favourite of mine.

So after I escaped lunch I popped in to the Post Office for postcard goodness and then headed back to Warabi. And to anyone who's watched that damn Top Gear episode about the trains never being late in Japan....BOLLOCKS! 12 days I've been here and 3 days I've been left stranded or delayed. Today I don't know what the problem was but the train pulled in to Akabane station and everyone got off and it pulled away empty so I had to wait another 10 minutes for the next one. Not amused. I released my frustration by picking up an apple flavour ice lolly in the 7/11. It was good.

And then I was meant to study but I fell asleep. And then I woke and was meant to study but I got distracted by making plans for Golden Week. And then I was meant to study but I've had 3 annoying people talking literally right outside my door for the last hour and a half. And I mean, RIGHT OUTSIDE so that when I went opened the door I actually hit one of them with it. They didn't take the hint to go away though I did get a "sumimasen" from one person. I'm seriously not amused. Next time I want to talk on Skype past 11pm I'm gonna do it and if I keep them awake then good. It's what they deserve. I'm thinking of asking if I can change rooms though because I'm constantly disturbed where I am by this sort of thing.

Ok, well I'm gonna go brush my teeth now and maybe try to get some sleep but it's really too noisy outside and I don't think I'll be able to.

Night night
xxx

ps Tomorrow I have a test at school so maybe you can see my frustration at not being able to get any studying done :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the cool bento place is called "origin bento"