Wednesday 8 April 2009

Day 7

School again today. And it didn't start until 1pm so I took advantage and had my first 8 hours sleep in over a week and I must say, I'm very grateful for it. I feel much better, even if the bed is still really really hard. I wont do it now because I have too much stuff out but when I was the bedding next week I'll take a picture to show you what I'm sleeping on. It's a bit like sleeping on a quilt on the floor. Or maybe having a sleeping bag on the floor as your permanent night residence. I'm told that hard is better for you but no, I like comfortable beds thanks.

Anyways, a nice comfortable late start. I planned to buy baseball tickets and then head to Shinjuku to look at manga (they print in furigana so it's helpful) and to buy a hairdryer and hair straightener. Then back to Warabi so I could go to the supermarket and actually cook my dinner. I'm spending too much money at the moment and aside from commuter passes and trips to Disney, all my money is going on food because I keep eating out. Alas, things didn't quite go to plan...

So we had lessons which were a bit harder today. Mostly I got annoyed because I think there are too many people in the class and I'm not fond of the teacher all that much. I don't think it's her per se, more her Japaneseness. Maybe one day when I'm not so tired I'll talk more about Japanese rudeness. Yes it's true, they're not all super polite and even when they are they can be quite rude but that's a tale for another day. Today we learned ages and numbers to 99 and how to say this here, that there etc. Plus a bunch of random words. Chokaleto. Om nom nom!!

After school we were meant to go to the Family Mart or Lawsons to get baseball tickets then I was going to go look for books. But the teacher mentioned buying a certain book so everyone wanted to go. That meant chaos of course. Someone needed to go in the office. Someone wanted food. Then another one wanted food. Then another one wanted food. Then we had to explain to someone else where we were going blah blah. So eventually we bought the baseball tickets (hurrah) and we made it to the book shop but what should have taken 20 minutes took over an hour. Then fart arsing around in the book shop. It all really took up too much time. I like spending time with people but I think I'm getting a little impatient to get things done. I guess I'm used to spending more time on my own and suddenly being with 5, 6, 7, 8 people at a time brings out a little frustration in me. But it's ok because I really like everyone and I shouldn't be so ungrateful. One plus point at least is during the book shop fart arsing I discovered the Genki book series for only 3000yen (it's about 5000yen in Britain) and, and this is the best part, I found the NEWS calendar for sale so I think I'll go back and buy it tomorrow. Well, maybe if I have enough money. 2000yen. Hmm...we'll see but probably haha^^

Eventually I escaped haha and found my way to Bic Camera where I bought my hairdryer that I wanted. I also picked up a hair straightener. 4000yen (£30) altogether which isn't bad. I will try them both out tomorrow. I also had a look at the prices of rice cookers while I was there. I need to cook rice when I'm here but I don't really want to use the shared ones in the guesthouse so I considered buying my own but at a minimum cost of 6000yen (£45) I think a saucepan from the 100 yen shop will suffice. I somehow found my way back to the train station through the chaos of Shinjuku by night...or just Shinjuku in general. Though I didn't have a lot of time I popped in to the supermarket and bought some grub. Some noodles for dinner and a strawberry milkshake. Plus rice, a leek, some mushrooms, spaghetti, seaweed stuff in a jar that I don't know the name of but is lush and soy sauce. It's just a shame really that I didn't have the time or energy to make it to the 100 yen shop to buy that saucepan and some cooking utensils. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.

I almost forgot to say. Today was a good day for freebies. I picked up the usual tissues and yesterday I had a cute pen with a squirrel on it. Today I also managed to get 4 free samples of Shiseido shampoo and conditioner and a Snoopy phone charm. I'm using it as a key ring. I got that last one with a bottle of Pepsi so I think it's very likely I'll go back to that shop tomorrow and get another one. I like cola and I like free stuff so it's all good.

P.s. Today I tried espresso KitKat. Not as good as green tea but nice.

No comments: