Sunday 5 April 2009

Day 4

Today began much earlier than it should have. I set my alarm for 6.30 rather than 7.30 but I used the spare hour to watch Lost so it wasn't wasted time.

The plan for today was to visit the Kanamara Matsuri. So at around 8ish this morning I headed out on my hour long train ride to Kawasaki. It took a little longer than I'd planned as I had to leave the station and come back in again at Harajuku to save money (it's a commutor thing) but eventually I arrived.

I arrived right at the beginning of the festival but the place filled up really quickly. There were people from all over the world as well as many Japanese. Old, young, it didn't matter. Everyone was having a great time though I declined to get sloshed at 10.30 in the morning. So I wandered about and took a load of pictures, watched the radish carving, rang the bell at the temple and bought some goodies. Again, I passed on the food as I'd had 7-11 onigiri again for breakfast. There was a rather large couple who ate my food for me I think. I saw them eat a yakisoba and yakitori each and then she went off and fetched a baked potato with butter and some grilled beef O.O No doubt they had beer and penis lollies too.


And that was pretty much it. The pictures say more than my words can say. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Brooke said...

OMG...that is f'n HILARIOUS!!!! ^_^