Thursday 9 April 2009

Day 8

Wow, have I been here a week already? I've been having so much fun that I didn't notice the time pass by so quickly. I'm still really quite homesick but the people I have met are sweethearts and they make everything so fun. Chibi-chan Daniel is awesome. I'm so sad that he has to go home in 2 weeks. Dude!!! You must stay in Japan!! And, of course, big hugs to my "big boy" & twin Nino-san :)

So today I planned to get up early, do my homework, watch a few episodes of Elfen Lied and then head to school, spend very little money and then come straight home, jog, shower, bed. But of course, plans never work out in Japan, or at least not for me and so my day went something like this.

Think I've set alarm early but in fact I haven't turned it on. Wake with only 60 minutes to get ready. Watch one episode of Elfen lied whilst doing homework and then realise I'm late. Get to school, pick up a second free Snoopy and some onigiri and then go to class. Class was good today. We had a different teacher who was soooo nice. So much nicer than the one from yesterday. More friendly and even though so spoke no English, I understood more today and got to participate much more than I did yesterday. I don't know if we're learning at a good pace or not but I felt quite accomplished by the end of the lessons. By the way, today we learned the numbers 100 to 999, 15 hiragana and how to say things like 'what is this?', 'who's is this?' and 'what type of thing is this?' which was all very good helpful. I also think people are picking up pace a little so within a week I think we'l all be the same level.

This may not be as planned but it's not too far off the chart so far but then Ken says during one of our breaks...."We go to get food later?" and, as my rules say, I should say yes to any invitation. And by food he meant food and beer and so my plan to go home and do som jogging became sitting in the park with chocolate, crisps, a bento (which was healthy because it was 95% vegetables and 5% mayonaise and egg) and beer....lots of beer. We chatted, made fun of people and showed off our impressions. I do a great "Kanto-san" hahahaha. We even have a Kanto-san pose lol.

It was just a fun night with drunken silliness but it proved that I have found some great friends in just one week and I only hope the next 1 will be just as much fun.

So tomorrow baseball! Yeah! And Sunday, hanami in Ueno koen (park) with the gang :) And maybe, if we are lucky, Kanto-san^^

2 comments:

NINO said...

:-* Big boy sailor twin Nino

Unknown said...

Aww soo sweet xd