Saturday 25 April 2009

Day 24

So it rained today. A lot. And it still is....Maybe it'll never stop and we'll all be washed away. Maybe Japan is crying for the loss of Chibiusa-chan Daniel ;_; Who am I going to sing Gaga and Britney songs with any more? Gimme gimme......*silence* GAH! *cry*

Despite the loss of "the Polish" as Nino calls him, life goes on in Japan and on it went, only this time it was in Yokohama with Rosanna-san. I think we picked the worst day to go as it's been raining very heavily since about 23:00 last night and it's still much the same now, 22 hours later. But we decided a bit of rain wouldn't hurt and off we trundled to Yokohama, home of the world's biggest clock, a funky China town and lots of sea and boats and stuff.

We had this great plan that we would walk around rather than take the train and pretty much wing it. We won't melt if we get wet and walking is good. Ha! Well walking is good and I would have enjoyed the treck across town if it had not been for the gallons of water falling on us constantly. The weather report said something about 90% chance of precipitation. Seriously, it didn't let up all day so I think that's more like 100%. By the time we'd made it to China town we were so wet and cold I think it totally dampened our spirits. Didn't stop us however sampling the yummy food in a Chinese restaurant. I went for rice gruel which is not as disgusting as it sounds, honest. It was warm and reasonably priced and tasty. After lunch, and even though I was totally full from gruel I still managed to squeeze in a panda steamed bun. Made with real panda :)~~

While we were eating the rain continued to get worse so out plans to walk everywhere soon disappeared and we decided to take the subway back to the ferris wheel, skipping Yamashite Park altogether. They usually have street performers and things there and a great view of the bay but I doubt we'd have seen either of those with the weather the way it was. It was nice to get of the rain too. The ride on the Cosmo Clock was actually quite nice. It was enclosed so we didn't get wet (...more wet) and was a pleasant 15 minutes or however long it took to go around. Didn't see much of the view but as I've always wanted to ride that particular ferris wheel ever since I knew of it's existance I was happy enough.

And then it was back to the station and back to Warabi. Rosanna-san showed me the supermarket that was right by the guesthouse that I didn't know existed even though it was huge and had a huge sign. Bought some cheetos, green tea ice cream and chocolate milkshake and settled in for the night to watch CSI and Private Practice. I would have watched Supernatural but I haven't managed to find the episode online yet but I'll have a look once I'm done here. I'm listening to my new Kanjani8 album at the moment. It's not as good as the one I have at home but I'm enjoying it. I think maybe I'll enjoy the NEWS single more though because I'm such a total fangirl.

Speaking of things fangirl, I was browsing on the net for theme restaurants in Tokyo and I came across a reference to Butler Cafes. Now I knew about Maid Cafes but not butler ones. They're basically for girls to go and perv over pretty waiters dressed in tuxedos. I'd love to go but other than Nino I don't know who would want to come with me. Maybe I'll ask Jonna or Rosanna or Katharina. It's a shame that most of these places employ non-Japanese waiters because I think all of us girls would prefer Japanese boys to perv over^^ Ikebukero is the place for female otaku to hang out apparently and this is where most of these places are so maybe next week when I'm exploring I'll spend the day there and maybe track one down.

So tomorrow I'm planning on spending the entire day in Warabi. Rosanna says that there's a Donki shop here (which I've found online) so I'm gonna go have a wander around there. They sell funky costumes so I'm gonna go seek out something silly and next weekend Rosanna and I are going on a cosplay challenge. Oh yes I'll be the cosplayer, she'll be my camera man and we're gonna hit Harajuku and Yoyogi park to see hwo many random people want a picture with me. Care bear stare! Tomorrow I'll just take pictures of the costumes I like and you can all vote on which one I should go for. I'm also planning on cooking a J&F style Sunday dinner. There's no oven here so it'll be Sunday dinner with whatever strange vegetables I can find, minus anything interesting like stuffing or yorkshire pudding. Just vegetables that taste of vegetables would be nice though.

By the way.....peach kitkat :p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didn't lose me lol I'm still in Japan. Visit me at the airport lol There was something wrong with my reservation and I had to stay for one more day so I'm just waiting (seriously don't know how these all people can sleep in public spaces).

*MORE* xd

Oh and bring one of those peach kitkats