Monday 27 April 2009

Day 26

Today will have to be a quick entry as I don't have a lot of time. I'm planning a trip to Nikko tomorrow. The train leaves Asakusa station at 07:10 so bearing in mind it'll probably take me 45 minutes to get to Asakusa and then another 10-15 minutes finding where I'm meant to go I'm looking at leaving Warabi around 06:00. I have sent out an email to everyone I have the email address of but no one has gotten back to me so I shall be going on my own. Not that I blame them, who wants to get up at 5am for a day trip on a whim? Me, that's who.


Wendy's! I thought about eating here but I wasn't hungry enough.

So today I didn't really do anything of any worth. I think yesterday was Alberto's birthday and he had said to me that he wanted to go out drinking on Monday night but I didn't hear from anyone at all for the last two days so either they forgot about me, didn't want to invite me :( or just didn't go. I don't think it's the latter so who knows what happened. In all fairness, I wouldnt have stayed out long anyway with this Nikko thing planned and I hate the thought of blowing more money on beer and spending more time sitting around in the streets/park being cold.

Well anyway, Happy Birthday Alberto!

I'm listening to the Oricon Top 20 at the moment. Oh my god, that KAT-TUN song "Rescue" is sooo bad. Dear oh dear.

So yeah, I played some WoW this morning as I had nothing better to do. Headed out around 13:00, quick stop in the supa for a drink and the post office for post office stuff and then on to Ikebukuro. I'd read that it was an ok place to go shopping and stuff. And that's all it was. OK. Same shops they have everywhere really. There was nothing there that I hadn't seen anywhere else. I found the Sunshine building but declined to go in because I didn't want to go to an aquarium or pay to not see the view due to muchos cloudos. Plus that place is built on the grounds where they used to execute prisoners so another good reason in my humble opinion not to go.


Tokyu Hands and behind that, The Sunshine Building

I figured I couldn't go all the way there and just walk past everything so I wandered through a food court which was kinda cool and I went in Bic Camera. Bicu bicu bicu bicu Kamera! I heard that so many times and giggled a little every time. I looked at things I wanted and things I didn't and generally just wasted time. Found a few kids toys that were pretty cool so maybe I'll go back one day and buy one or two or more :)


Taiyaki maker and sandwich cutter....it gives you lunch with a smile^^

Heart and animal shaped sushi machine and a diy pocky maker.

And then I came home. Supa again for dinner and breakfast stuff. Bread, milk, instant noodles and the like. Watched a bit of telly (some random quiz show which was pretty funny), watched some Bleach for Ken-san and now I'm playing a daft game called 3 Days Zoo. Great way to spend the evening but I need an early night so this is probably the best way to spend my time.


I don't know what this building was but seriously, look at it haha!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

oooooo....we LOVED nikko!!! and incidentally, we got up and caught the 5am-ish train to go there LOL