Tuesday 21 April 2009

Day 18

Today we were meant to go see Utada Hikaru but because a) I didn't want to wait for 4 hours to see her and b) because I was too tired from the day before I decided tomeet with Daniel and Nino after the interview and just go for the Okonomiyaki.



I got the train around midday to Harajuku. I could have stayed on for one more stop but my commutor pass only takes me to Harajuku and I didn't want to pay for the last stop so I got off and decided to walk the last part. Didn't look far on the map. The only problem was I walked in the wrong direction and ended up in Yoyogi. So I got back on the train to Harajuku and tried again with success! Hurrah!
I wasn't due to meet Daniel and Nino until 3 so I did some window shopping in Shibuya. First I found my way to the radio station where Utada was meant to be as I was curious how many people had shown up. There was no one there which I found odd. Turns out that Utada had moved the interview forward to the Saturday. I then had a wander over to the nearby Tokyu Hands and then to the crazy world of Don Quixote. Holy crap that place is mental. It sells everything in the world from food to carebear slippers to Gizmo costumes to televisions to ass pillows (see the picture). I also found a costume where you can dress as a Westerner. Kit comes with blonde wig and false nose O.o Once I'd had enough randomness I headed down to the 109 building to meet Daniel & Nino. I was a bit early so I went inside for a look. I headed down to the basement level first where I found a carebear walking about. The next floor up was totally dedicated to shoes. It was really hard not to spend money but I resisted once again. Clothes and shoes can wait until next month. I'm not buying them yet. Eventually the time had come to meet the boys so I went outside. Nino wasn't there and Daniel tells me he hadn't arrived in the morning either. I think he must have been sick. The problem we had though was Nino was the only one who knew where the okonomiyaki place was but thanks to the free internet in the Apple shop we managed to track it down before meeting everyone else at the station.

At 5pm we found the others at the station and made our way to Mura for food. It was really good though Daniel made me laugh so much with his anti-fish ways. Even things with no fish in he wouldnt eat just in case it tasted a little fishy. We spent ages in there and then Ken and Katharina went home leaving the rest of us for drunked kareoke fun. We ended up staying out so late we missed the train home. I do not recommend waiting until 4.30 in the morning for the trains to start running again. And that was that. Fun day :)

No comments: