Tuesday 7 April 2009

Day 5....DISNEY!



On Monday as we didn't have school myself, Niclas and Daniel decided to go to DisneySea. Niclas and I both live in the same guest house in Warabi but Daniel is in Matsudo so we arranged to meet him there. Niclas and I set off around 8am and arrived at the wonderful world of Disney at around 9.50. I think we had to change trains 4 times to get there which is probably why it took so long, plus the 15 minute walk to the train station and the 5 minutes where I had to leave Shinjuku Station so my Suica (rail pass) knew how much to charge me. If I went straight to Disney it would have cost an extra 400yen so I took an extra 5 minutes to save that and it was worth it, especially as Daniel got on the wrong train and didnt arrive until nearly 10.15 anyway.

So once we finally found Daniel we took the rather cute railway to the park. Unlike every other Disney place I can remember, Tokyo Disney charge 250yen each way
to use their monorail. Bastards :P

We then paid our 5800yen to enter the park. I upset the guy searching bags because I had my gorilla pod in my bag but we're gaijin, we can get away with things like that so he let us go through.

Once we were in we gave in to temptation and took a bunch of photo's and I bought
some Minnie Mouse ear and Niclas an awesome Donald Duck hat. Here's a small selection of the pictures from here.


After a minor episode of walking around getting lost we ended up one one of the park zones. We got to ride pretty much everything we wanted to. The only thing we didn't see was the Little Mermaid show because it was closed for refurbishment. Shame because I would have liked to have seen it. We also weren't able to see the evening show. They do a big fireworks event where the volcano at the centre of the park blows up but apparently, because the "sky is too high". I think she meant it was too windy O.o



The rides were fantastic though. Indiana Jones was very cool and got a second visit but my favourite was definatly The Tower of Terror. Aside from the rides, the park was just really nice too. The zones were beautiful, especially the Little Mermaid area. Flying yellow sea pigs! Haha! But what topped it all was the popcorn. Each area had it's own flavour popcorn and throughout the park we discovered...Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Caramel, Strawberry and my personal favourite (yes it really was good)......curry!! Om nom nom :) I also fulfilled one of my Japan life rules (To try as many different types of ice cream as I could) by sampling Sea Salt ice cream. Honestly, it wasn't so bad. It was mostly vanilla flavour with a hint of salt but it counts as random flavour of the day so my tally for ice cream is now 2 (Sakura/Cherry Blossom & Sea Salt). Only in Japan lol!

I'll leave you now with some pictures from the day :) Enjoy^^


ps, here's the stuff I bought. Gotta love that hat. I think I'll be taking that to New York with me :)

1 comment:

ethereal said...

What??? When are you coming to New York? Brooke and I have family there and can meet you anytime!