Friday 1 May 2009

Day 29

Decided today to just hang about the guest house and have a nice lazy day. The Spanish boys had invited most people to go to Kawasomewhere for an unknown reason. I'm not drinking this week so I wasn't sure whether to go or not but in the end I remembered my rules to live by in Japan and went anyway. And there was my downfall.

So I head off to the train station, get on the slow train by mistake and end up 10 minutes late but it's not a problem as Nino and Alvaro were 10 minutes behind me anyway. There were a bunch of people there I didn't know but it's cool cos I like to meet new people. I'm told that Nana, the Spanish boys friend, lives in this place and that's why we've all gone so far out. We're talking at least an hour and a half on the train for me (and 1000yen). So they decide to do purikura. I decline because I don't want to be squashed in a little booth thing with 14 other people. I think Nana took offense by this but meh, I dont care. I have my reasons and I don't feel I have to explain myself to strangers.

Once they were done messing around in there, they decided to go eat. Of course, I'd already eaten. I thought that they would be just going drinking and even though I asked multiple people what we would be doing, no one replied. It seems people are unable to use email here...but that's another story. So someone orders the food (most of which I can't eat because it is meat) and they also order the all you can drink offer for everyone. We chat, and talk about rubbish, I drink my coke, I meet some Koreans who were cool. It was fun.

When I arrived I said that I had to leave by 23:00 in order to get the train home. There were some protests and people whining at me for not drinking and not staying out all night but I affirmed that I was leaving at 23:00. When we leave the restaurant it's just past 23:00. I say I'm going home. Then again people start whining and asking me why I wont drink and why I'm sad and blah blah. Honestly, it's getting old now. I DONT WANT TO.....END OF! The time is creeping on, people are still being annoying. I think I'll leave, no I think I'll stay, no I think I'll go, why are you going, I want to talk to you first, why are you sad, you sound like kanto-san, grrr! Eventually I break away with Alvaro and 2 Koreans but it's too late. The Saikyo line has stopped and I'm only able to get to Akabane via the Yamanote Line and no further. So I had to walk the rest of the way or spend the night sat outside the train station. FYI, the distance between Akabane station and Warabi station is 6.5km. Of course, you can't walk right along the same path as the train tracks so it was probably an 8km+ walk home. At 1am. On my own. To say I'm angry is putting it lightly.

So yeah, great night, 3000yen for two cokes, a piece of tofu, 4 crisps and an 8km walk in the dark. Fan-fricking-tastic.






No comments: