Friday 8 May 2009

Day 37

Ah, today it is rush job blog entry. Now that I'm back in school the time seems to disappear away from me again. I just don't know how it happens. I finish school at 17:00 , then we eat, then we hang out for a little while, train ride home, skype and then it's time for sleep. God damu! I don't even have time to watch my J-drama :(

So quick blog. The weather here is strange. I really feel like the rainy season is upon us now as the temperature is high but the rain keeps falling. You really get wet when it rains here too so you need a coat but it's too warm so either you get wet or you sweat. Both is bad but it's something you have to live with in this damn country.



School was okish I guess. I'm in the predicament that I understand the stuff in class but by the next day I've forgotten it. It's not hard but as my time seems to disappear so fast I never get around to studying after school so I forget everything so quickly. I know the katakana now so that's fine but I need to go over everything we've done so far for a test on Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'll fail. But you know, I don't care. I'm here for an adventure, not for work or with intentions to stay forever. By Monday I plan to learn the adjectives that we did today, and everything related to time. I might also go over the questions. I have so much to do :(

Also, here's a small video of the break time shinanigans.



After school Rosanna-san and I planned to get omurice again (because it was so nice) and then head to Ebisu for some fangirling. Jonna, Katharina and Nino joined us and we had a nice meal together. I had omurice with cream this time. Not as good as the tomato but still pretty good. The have another flavour there with cheese so I think I'll try that next time but I want a omurice break so I don't get fed up of it.



Once we'd eaten we got back on the train and went to Ebisu. I'm pretty sure that it's the same there as every other part of Tokyo. They all have the same shops and restaurants so you can go anyway for that kind of thing. But we weren't there for food or trinkets, we were there for fangirling. A short walk from the station is a place called Ebisu Garden Place which is a rather pretty area with trees and shops and a statue....So we take the Skywalk (which is basically travellators like they have in airports) and we play about and jump and dance and behave badly. It was fun. And then we emerge to a crossing...and in the distance....the statue. *squee*





So what's the statue? Anyone who knows me well knows my love of J-drama and the J-boys. There's one particularly famous drama called Hana Yori Dango (I think it began life as a manga) starring Matsumoto Jun of Arashi. I watched it a few years ago and I loved it very much. In one particular episode, the two protagonists are meant to meet for a date but she decides not to go so he waits for her all day in the pouring rain. It's sad but eventually she shows up. And the meeting place...the statue in Ebisu. When I found where it was I just HAD to go see it. Yes it's rather lame of me but I feel really happy to have seen it and to have sat where Matsumoto Jun sat. :) Now we just need to find where they are filming Majo Saiban >:)





Once we were done fangirling we wandered about a bit then decided to go for another round of host boys spotting in Shinjuku. This time we had bait in the form of Jonna. Normally these boys wont approach westerns but as Jonna is Asian Swedish she can pass for Nihonjin. So we sent her off and laughed when they approached her and laughed when they didn't. I tried my best to take pictures but it's difficult in the dark when these guys clearly don't want their picture taken. Got a few snaps though^^





And then it was the inevitable purikura, this time with the fabulous Nino-san. I don't have pictures yet so I'll post them tomorrow if I have time.



But now I need to get to bed. Tomorrow Katharina-san and I (and maybe the F. Korean and Jonna) will go to Hachioji to climb Mount Takao. And maybe see some monkeys. There will be neither however if I don't get some sleep so night night people. I'll do yesterday's entry tomorrow before I leave.

xx

No comments: