Tuesday 5 May 2009

Day 33

After doing so much for the last 3 days, I took a day out for studying and recovering. Of course, I didn't do a lot of studying but I did manage to learn a little katakana (アイウエオンカキクケコサシスセソタチツテトガギグゲゴダヂヅデドザジズゼゾ)....see what I did there? I also worked out how to write with katakana and hiragana on my computer without the use of a special keyboard....so clever...NOT! Anyway, it was a little tough learning those because many are very similar. For example,  シツ  ンソ  That sort of stuff will frazzle your mind as some of you may have seen on Facebook yesterday. But you know, I am doing a little study. Not a lot but a little. I'll work on the N, H, M & R today and tomorrow I'll do Y, W & the combination stuff.

I planned to have Mos Burger for dinner but didn't bother in the end as Seiyu called me in and I ended up buying a whole bunch of crap including pudding (eww), banana ice cream and pizza. I decided a few days ago that I would try something new everyday that I remain in Japan, whether it be food, drink, a new place, a different stop on the train. Just something new you know? And food and drink is the easiest thing to fit in to life. So when I was in Seiyu (the supa) I spotted a bunch of things I hadn't tried before but had always been tempted by so I just bought them. Here's a picture run down of some of my goodies...


Pudding...aka creme caramel. I don't like this stuff at home but I thought I should try it in Japan as it's so popular here. I don't like it here either :(


Pizza! Well, you can't get real pizza in Japan so this is pizza toast. It's quite tasty though probably too expensive to buy too often. (£2.30 for 4). I also bought extra cheese to go on it which was pretty good for only 98yen.


I don't know what this stuff is called, maybe Morinaga Mammy. It's some kids milk based drink. I think maybe it's odd for a grown woman without kids to drink it but it's tasty and it's full of calcium which I know I'm in need of so meh!


Honestly, I didn't know what these were but they were reduced so I just bought them. When I got the the till I thought maybe as I knew some katakana now I'd try to translate. Po-ta-to (no one make any LOTR jokes now haha) is all I got before it was my turn. Potato bread O.o Turns out it's like a little cheese and potato pasty but with bread instead of pastry. It was good. I ate them all :)


Choco-banana ice cream. It was just that. Banana and chocolate flavour. I liked it^^

And that was my exciting day! I finished it off by watching the first episode of Majo Saiban featuring the lovely Ikuta Toma. He was a little annoying in it (don't kill me Rosanna-san) but I think he'll get better after the first episode. I can't say much as I don't want to post spoilers but I can see where they are going and I think his character in the first episode will develop. Also, the part where the girl was cleaning the water up...haha awesome. Ecchi Toma-kun!

Oh I almost forgot! Remember ages ago I said I'd post a picture of my crappy bed. Well here it is. This is what I have to sleep on folks. I'm used to it now but I'll be so grateful to get home to a real bed with a real matress.


Well it's Tuesday morning now and we were meant to go to Yokohama today but once again our plans have been foiled by the rain. We'll go on Sunday instead and today we're gonna go hang out in Ikebukuro. So look forward to that fun entry tonight. Bai bai!

No comments: