Tuesday 19 May 2009

Day 48

After completing my video last night I watched a little more tv and ended up staying up way too late and not getting up until much later than I would have liked. Dragged myself outta bed, showered, did some laundry and then headed to school. Saw some Sumo wrestlers in Warabi station which was kinda cool and rather random. I know there's a tournement on at the moment but I have no idea why they'd be in Warabi of all places, well, unless they live there but surely, I'd have spotted guys that big before. O.o

School was pretty sucky today. I'm getting a bit bored of it now to be honest. The temptation to just bunk off and go somewhere interesting is very strong but then I have paid for it so I should go. Plus if I miss a day, it just makes the next day even harder. I just wish my memory were better because I seem to forget everything so quickly. Doesnt help I'm still getting headaches :( Had a giggle during one break drawing pictures on the white board...mostly of Nino. I wish I had a picture of my evil rabbit but the Nino bitch wiped it off before I got my camera.


After class, a few of us went to Lawsons to try to buy tickets for the Ghibli Museum. Alas, they're all sold out for the next 2 weekends, and the 2 weekends after that we are going to Korea and camping so there'll be no chance to go unless we miss a day of school. Only I liked that idea so I guess we wont go, at least not as a group.

Katharina was going in the other direction so Rosanna, Choi and myself headed back to the station. Found a candy store so I had to go in. They had some odd stuff in there like the spicy chocolate loops in the picture below. Found Kit Kat Daigaku Imo which translates as "university potato". No idea where that name comes from but daigaku imo is caramelised sweet potato. It was pretty good.





Rosanna and I left Choi at the station as he lives in Shin Okubo and we don't. We decided today would be a good day to finally try out Mos Burger. There's one right next to Warabi station so it's benri and oishi (convienient and tasty). They have a special on at the moment...doughnut burger. Basically a burger with a hole in it. Rosanna had one of these and I'm pretty sure it's the messiest burger in the world though she said it was pretty good. I don't eat meat so I passed on the doughnut burger and got an ebi one instead. It was pretty tasty. Much better than anything McDonalds can pump out. The chips too. Piping hot and very yummy. I got a melon soda with my food, because it was green and the pretty colour called to me. Overall, the best fast food I've ever had and at a reasonable price. I paid 670yen for a burger, chips and soda which is about £4.50. Not that expensive I guess. I'd give the place an 8.5 outta 10. We're gonna try Freshness Burger next week. I hope it's as good as Mos Burger :)






No comments: