Thursday 28 May 2009

Day 56

We went to the baseball again today. By we I mean Katharina, Sophia and Jonna. As last time it was a lot of fun. We were up in the crazy fan section again. It was a lot let haphazard reaching the stadium this time around as we didn't have to wait for Korean food or walk to the metro. We just got the train at Shinokubo and changed at Shinjuku. As it turns out the train we wanted was the same platform so it couldn't have been simpler :)


So we went in, found somewhere to stand though I dont think Jonna could see much, poor thing. Today's game was Giants verus the Fukuoka Hawks. I quickly munched on my dinner and then set about hunting for a giants shirt. I didn't pick one up last time and I regretted it so wasn't leaving without one today. The small shop we passed onthe way in was still there but Daniel had mentioned a bigger place further on so I decided to go wandering to see what I could find. It seems you can walk right around the stadium without having to show tickets or anything, unless you try to break in to one of the seated areas but there's nothing to stop you standing behind said seating areas. I kept walking until eventually I found the mecca of shops. Stupidly I didn't take my camera as I couldnt take pictures of all the shops, nor the smoking area which was like a little glass box in the middle of the shops. Strange. The team cheerleaders were also hanging about and I could have taken pictures with them too but damn, no camera. Sophia thought half of them were men too so that would have been even funnier. Eventually I picked up a #24 Takahashi shirt and returned to the girls.


The game itself was shit. The giants were pwnd. Up until the last innings it was 5-0 but they managed to have a good last round and, has Sakamoto hit his last ball, they could have won as they had 2 men on base but it was not to be. They lost 5-3 in the end :( You suck giants!

One positive of the game was getting to talk a little Japanese to some strange random guys. The other three were all shrugs when he said something but I tried my best to understand and say things back to him. He asked if Japan was enjoyable and I said of course. He asked if we've been to Disneyland and I told him we would go on Friday and then to Osaka on Saturday. He told me to try the food as it's the best but more importantly, to try the beer :)


Anyway, must dash as I'm late for my last day of school. Cheerio!

No comments: