Monday 18 May 2009

Day 45

Day 45....Saturday! After crashing at Jonna's for the night, Rosanna and I made our way home from Yoyogi at around 08:30. We got back to Warabi about an hour later leaving us just enough time to get washed and changed and back to Shin Okubo in time to meet Katharina for the Design Festa. By the time we were meant to leave however, Jonna had mailed me to say she was still drunk and therefore not coming, and Rosanna wasn't ready in time so she also wasn't coming. Just Katharina and I for the day.

I left Warabi quite late myself but managed to make good connections on the train and arrive 15 minutes early. No problem, Katharina is always early. Today however, she was early so she decided to walk from Shinjuku which would allow her to arrived exactly on time. Typical huh? While I was waiting I chatted with a Christian girl who wanted me to come to her gospel concert on Sunday. I said we had the Sanja Matsuri so she invited me next week instead. Again, I said I'd have to check with friends but I think we'll be in Hakone so it's unlikely we'll make it. Not that I'm particularly interested in gospel but if there's nothing else to do then it can't hurt to go right? It would make her feel better I guess.


So I meet with Katharina and we head to Shimbashi to go to Odaiba. We were going to walk the bridge but we didn't think to check how you get on the bridge. So we walked for a bit, decided he bridge plan was a failure and that we would simply walk back instead. Once in Odaiba we head straight for the Design Festa as it's already nearly 13:00. It's a nice walk along there. It's by the sea so there's a nice breeze and while it is busy, it's no where near as busy as other parts of Tokyo like Shinjuku.







The Design Festa was pretty so so I guess. There were soooooooo many people selling or displaying things. As usual, all my money went on food but it was good food. Had a great fresh melon pan and some cheese filled korean bread pancake thing. Om nom nom! There were some pretty nice things being sold, many of which I could have bought but money is tight so I decided against it plus do I really need a spider necklace made of wire? We watched a few of the live performances that were going on there on the 2 stages. Witnessed what can only be described as the worst magician in the history of the world ever with a smiliarly bad taste in music. Also caught a bit of live music from an instrumental band that I forgot the name of who were quite good, and a quick glimpse of a fashion show where people crawled across the floor O.o


We left there and headed to the Fuju TV building to look for Think Twice t-shirts for Rosanna but they didn't have them. Bought a funky frog umbrella ready for the rainy season and laughed at the strange things they had there, especially the eye man and "You knock on a jumping door". Saw some Hey Hey Hey t-shirts which I'll probably go back and buy before I leave.





I still had the need for shopping so we went to Decks and wandered about the wierd floor. Bought some random food things from the sweet shop. It's great there because you can buy small samples of things for 10-50 yen. If you don't like it your money isn't wasted. Found the most awesome "hand"bag which I didn't buy though I'm regretting it now. If it's there when I get back I'll buy it. I didn't even get a picture :(





Finally it was time for home. We were going to find the bridge but both of us were tired so the train won again :( Next time I'm walking over that damn bridge!!

And so I have reached the half way point. While there have been highs and lows I have enjoyed it so far. Let's hope the next 45 days will be even more fun^^

No comments: