Thursday 14 May 2009

Day 43

Ah...day 43...how fun and strange and boring you were...

Ok, so first I didn't sleep well again. I'm not sure why. I've been getting some pretty bad headaches the last few days. I don't know if it's the result or cause of the restless sleep, maybe a bit of both. I've gotten quite used to being headache free for the last 40 days or so so now for them to come back with a vengence is a big pain in the ass. I'm armed with a shit load of paracetamol however so I guess I'll survive.

Once I'd popped my first pills of the day I made my way to school, picking up some strange "French" fanta on the way. I forgot to take a picture...baka! I don't really want to buy it again just for a picture as it was pretty grim. I guess they have the same deal with Fanta and Pocky and a bunch of other things that they do with Kit Kat. Shame I didn't start the Fanta challenge when I got here. Maybe next time.

School was ok today. It was mostly about the partical "ga" so it was pretty easy stuff. Played a funish game where we wrote sentences about ourselves and the class had to guess who wrote which page. My sentences were as follows....
  • I like Yamapi
  • I don't like meat (they all guessed me at this point)
  • I am good at cooking
  • I'm not so good at sports
  • I understand a little Welsh
  • I don't understand Korean
  • I have French Fanta (see above)
  • I don't have a snake
Would you have guessed me from that? The meat thing is certainly a give away, and if not that, Welsh and the French Fanta bottle that was on my desk^^

After class most of us went for pizza at the same Italian place as last time. First though Jonna and I had to go to the Family Mart to pay for our bus tickets. After telling people 5 times what was happening, we left them at school and said we'd see them at the restaurant in 10 minutes. Turns out it was pretty easy and quick to make the payment so we were early. While we were waiting we realised that we didn't have change to pay for dinner so we went back to the Family Mart to get some. We both had 10,000 yen notes which is around £70-75 (depending on the exchange rate). Jonna picked a chocolate which was 20 yen to make her chain but I had to go one better and I bought the thing below for a massive 10 yen. That's about 7p :) The guys behind the till were not amused. I bet they loved it when John and Magnus turned up an hour later and did the same thing haha!



So for dinner today it was pizza. Not the greatest pizza in the world and pretty small but nice all the same. Some of the boys on the other table (we were spilt as there were about 16 of us) ordered 3 lots of food. I don't know how they do it. I was sat by Ho Jyun (sorry spelling), Jonna, Alvaro (though he was talking with his fellow Spaniards) and one of the new additions to our class, Mun Yee of Malaysia. She's pretty cool and she liked the idea of the host club so she'll be joining us tomorrow night for our girls night out^^ She also joined in the "waving" game with Jonna and I which was pretty funny. Woo Magnus!







I wanted to go shopping after we were done eating but it's blowing a gale out there and I didn't bring a jacket today so I decided not to bother. Maybe I'll go tomorrow morning but knowing me, I won't get out of bed in time. I think my electric blue top will be fine. And no, Ho Jyun, I'm not wearing it to class :p

I now have the problem of trying to decide what the theme song for my first 45 days in Japan will be. Nino makes these cool videos so I want to do one too. It looks fun. But I need a song that would sum up my time here or the people or both or something. Gonna do some thinking and maybe practice some kanji...oh yeah we finally started kanji today. Hurrah! It's awesome :) Though not as awesome as this picture that the favoloso Nino-san drew in class today. It's some of the cool people in class :) See if you can work out which one is me...



And oh yeah again....Dani stole the cheese...again....









No comments: