Thursday 14 May 2009

Day 42

As always, I'm running late so this may have to be a short blog entry. I have to leave for school in 15 minutes and I still haven't brushed my hair or anything because I've been studying this morning.

Anyway, got the test results back. Wasn't an epic fail, but wasn't a great success either. I need my old brain back, the one that used to work and remember things. Other than that school was ok. STILL no kanji though we did have a katakana test today so I think that's the end of it finally. I suspect the reason we are so far behind the other class is mostly to do with katakana. If all the other class knew it already then they wouldn't have had to spend much, if any, time on it while there are at least 4 people in my class who didn't know it at all so the teacher had to go over it properly. I learned it myself so it's no fault of mine that we haven't done it yet. We got to do some stretches in class today as well which was very Japanese but kinda odd. Good for a laugh though^^

After class we had our usual hanging about outside the door thing. Half of us went to eat with some Koreans. The other half (including me) either went home or were going for dinner later. I ended up hanging about with Nino and Rosanna for a while. We went to UniQlo as I wanted to buy some cheapish trousers as most of the ones I have are too big to be considered smart. Alas, I'm still too fat for Japanese trousers *sigh* so we just played with sunglasses and hats in there instead.



Nino and I then decided we were hungry so we left Rosanna and went for some sushi. I love square egg so I had 2 :) After our first dinner we went for a wander around Donki and found some Jonna shoes aka pointy shoes. We wandered through the dodgy section and man are there some dodgy things in there. I had no idea they made such things O.o We looked at lots of random crap in there, then headed out as Nino wanted to get a toothbrush. Combini to the rescue! While he was in the toilet in the station brushing his teeth I had a look about some clothes shops. Can't buy the clothes because I'm not a) a pixie or b) 12 years old so I just concentrated on the handbags and shoes and jewellery. Nearly bought an awesome hair bobble thing but it was 1000yen (£7.50) so I decided against it.





We still had an hour to kill before we were meeting the Spaniards so we sat outside Shinjuku Station picking adjectives for our classmates and playing silly word games. While we were there, some band showed up and started playing so we watched that for a bit. I think Nino has some good video of it. There were some lame fan girls in the front who knew all the dances so we copied them in a mean but fun kinda way. Got a poster with the name of the band on but I don't have time to find it now to tell you who they were.


And then it was time to meet the Spaniards. We were meant to be meeting Alvaro's girlfriend but as luck would have it, she finished really late so I had to leave before she arrived or I would miss my train and we don't want that again. So as she wasn't there we ate more food (I had some yummy cold noodles), talked about intelligence and whether psychology is hard or not. There was a lot of chatter in Spanish that I didn't understand but I dont think I needed to.





Fun day :) Pizza on Thursday with the class. Must also pay for my Osaka/Hiroshima bus. Only £160...eek...but that is for nearly 2000km worth of travel.


ps. Also came home to find my awesome package and to eat the Kit Kat Apple Vinegar I found in the 7/11 :)







No comments: