Friday 8 May 2009

Day 36

I'll edit this later. Sorry but I just lost track of time somehow and I've got nothing done and I'm late for work so I'll come back and explain the pictures later but at least you have something to look at for now.

Edit: It's now Saturday so forgive me if I forgot what happened two days ago.

Sooooooooo, Thursday and the Golden week is over so it's back to school time. I didn't get nearly enough studying done over the holiday so it's a little tough in class today but I'll be ok. Well maybe, we have a test on Wednesday. Eep!

After class some of us went to eat. I've been eating so much during the break so now we're back in school I can get back to a normal eating routine. Wake up late, skip breakfast and lunch because I have no time, eat a nice evening meal and chocolate or some junk on the way home. Except I'm on a diet for a few weeks at least so no junk on the way home. Maybe^^ The boys said they knew a good/cheap place in Shinjuku so I went with their judgement and tagged along. Turns out they did know a good/cheap place in Shinjuku. I don't know the name of what I had but it was something I saw them eat a lot in Dance Dance Drill. Cold noodles with a dipping sauce type thing. Very om nom nom. I think if someone suggests going there I shall tag along again :)



Once we had finished eating, some people went to study (pah to that), some to meet Nana for drinks (and as it turns out they stayed out all night...poor Daniel didn't even make it to school the next day) and some, ie Rosanna and I, went Host Boy spotting. I've mentioned these boys before I'm sure but here's a quick recap. They have bars in Japan where you can pay a pretty boy or pretty girl to sit with you and drink. They tell you how beautiful/handsome you are (like Jean Reno...haha) and generally make you feel good about yourself. So of course, these men have to be attractive and they dress in the typical attractive/cool/kakoi get up. Pointy shoes, sharp suit, big hair. So it was the job of Rosanna and I to find some.







As it turns out it was pretty easy during the night cos these guys are everywhere. It was a good laugh, even if it was raining again. Damn rain!

Whilst in Shinjuku we also popped in to my favourite place in the world...Donki! Don Don Don Donki! The crazy shop of doom. I wanted to show Rosanna some of the costumes they have there. We found some totally random stuff and some very dodgy stuff. The body sock things were the best. I'm looking for something while I'm here for Anne-Marie's hen do but there's so much to choose from. Don't worry, it's not all hot dogs and carebears, they have normal costumes too. Maybe if I buy the black cat costume we saw I can make it in to a Luna outfit for the Nino v Laura 7 Day Birthday Bash and then reuse it later for halloween, hen night etc. While we were there we also had a wander around the other things in the shop. Saw some awesome sunglasses and some strange clothes made of tartan and others with far too many zips and safety pins. The number one item I found however was a fabulous grey spotted polo shirt with a frill on the bottom. Very Japanese, very hideous...i want it :p






No comments: