Thursday 21 May 2009

Day 50

Wow! Is it day 50 already? Only 40 days to go and so much still to do.

So I wake this morning after a terrible nights sleep still feeling like crap but I have to go to school as I dont want to fall further behind. Also, I have to go in early as I need to speak to the peeps in the office. I'm coughing and spluttering all over the place and it feels like I've been eating razor blades but I must get on with the day, even if I do have swine flu.

Once I arrive at the office I tell them of my plans to finish school early. I never seem to have enough time to do anything here and there's too many places I still want to visit that I wont make it to if I'm in school until I leave therefore I'm going to finish a few weeks early. I had to give them some lame excuse about why I was finishing but it's not like they can make me go. I'm on a tourist visa anyway so they can't have me thrown out of the country. While I sign the papers to confirm all of this they ask me about the obvious illness I have. "Ah you have swine flu". Maybe, but of couse I laugh and say no. I'm told I must go buy some masks to protect everyone though this isn't so easy as everyone in Tokyo has gone berserk and bought them all as we've had our first confirmed case of swine flu in this fabulous monster of a town. The place they found it is pretty far from school and from home but everyone commutes so far every day I can easily see this spreading around very fast. So I try my hardest to find a mask but only find a crappy thick one in the 100 yen shop. It's the best I can do. I'm doing my best to stop the spread though I must say, they're awful things to wear :(



With that done, it's time for school. I can't talk much due to my swine flu so I get out of doing anything of any significance. I've learned about as much as I want to now anyway. I can tell the time, pay for things, ask for things, ask for directions and understand the answer and have a basic conversation. It's all good.


After class some of us decided to go to Nakano. Seriously, a stupid idea on my part what with the swine flu and all but I went anyway. They've got a pretty funky shopping centre there which I must say was fab. Downstairs is mostly cloths and regular shops. Upstairs is all geeky anime/manga/fangirl crap....and I luvs it! Wandered about laughing at the pictures of Yamapi, Ikuta Toma and co. when they were all 14. Aww, kawaii! Bought me an eye thing from GeGeGe no Kitaro and a Rurouni Kenshin phone charm. Rosanna got some awesome Mario related goodness (which I might go back and buy myself sometime) and Nino bought Ken a Ichigo bankai keychain. Ban....kai!





In our efforts to find the best burger in Tokyo, Rosanna and I tried Lotteria today. It was not good. Mildly better than McDonalds but only by maybe half a point. Mos Burger is still WAAAAYYYY out front.


Um, what else was there.....oh said good bye to Alvaro today as we wont see him again before he goes back to Spain. It was fab to meet you fella! Take care :)

Finally, we may have sorted out our trip to Korea. Need to send the details to Alvaro who will pass them on to his girlfriend but it looks like we're going on 5th June for 2 nights. How cool is that? :)








No comments: