Monday 25 May 2009

Day 53

Today we were meant to go to Kasai Rinkai park to ride the Honey and Clover ferris wheel and visit the beach. Alas, it was raining so most people decided they didn't want to go :(

I was still feeling like crap and didn't really feel very much like trying to organise something else so we settled on okonomiyaki for dinner in Harajuku. I sent the usual email around and got the usual lack of responses.



I did intend to go out in the afternoon and maybe buy a handbag but the weather was crappy, much like my health and so I was still at home at 16:00. I did want to at least have a look around Takeshita Street before eating so I headed out at this point and made it to Harajuku about an hour later. Strolled up and down weirdo lane for a bit, saw a couple of bags that I quite fancy but decided against buying anything until we've had our trip to Osaka. Planning on doing some shopping there so there's no desperate rush to buy things now. The only thing I do need is a smaller handbag just big enough for my purse and camera that I can take to Disney on Friday. Whatever bag I take to Disney I'll have to carry around Osaka along with my rucksack as there's no time to return home between the two trips so the smaller the bag the better. No worries though, I'll grab something on Wednesday.





Met the girls at 18:00 as planned. Today's company was Katharina, Sophia and Jonna. We knew roughly where the restaurant was so we headed straight there. The place, Sakura Tei, is a strange little place, tucked away behind the Design Festa gallery in Harajuku. Part of the restaurant is outside, under a permanent plastic cover (which I imagine would be very cool in the rain), the other part is indoors where they use the walls as a canvas so they become part of the gallery itself. Unlike the last place we went to, this one had a much more varied menu. Not wanting cheese in my okonomiyaki for the third time in three visits, I plummed for a basic one with added baby stars. Something I wouldn't have thought of to put in okonomiyaki but I must say, it was pretty good^^ though not something to get if you have a soar throat like I did... My dinner came to 750yen which is about a fiver so I'm pretty happy with that. Would definatly come here again, though I don't think there'll be time for another visit. Going to try Hiroshima style okonomiyaki at the end on June when I go on my trip so I guess this is my last taste of kansai style pancake. At least I finished with a good one^^


No comments: