Tuesday 2 June 2009

Day 58

Today was my second trip to Disney Sea. Yes, I've already been here once during my time in Japan but the school had organised a trip there so I decided to go again so I could enjoy it with all my classmates. When I got up however it was raining so bad, could I really enjoy a day at Disney in this much rain?


I left around 08:15 and as I got closer to my destination the rain got worse and worse. Gah! This was not looking good. I had to change trains at Tokyo Station and I think the rain was as bad as it could possibly get at this point. As I'm running through the station to my next connection I run in to Jonna and some other people from ISI School (though I didn't know them). How odd that I should see someone I know when there are thousands of people passing through that station every minutes. Granted we were heading for the same train but to find her in the middle of the station no where near any of the trains we had used or would be using, it was quite a feat.


The rain didn't let up the entire way there, nor when we were waiting for the monorail nor riding the monorail. Spotted the Spanish boys at Maihama station but couldn't stop because I didn't want to lose Jonna and told them I'd see them outside Disney Sea. Eventually we all found each other and, shock, it stopped raining! I had assumed that everyone from class would stay together today but the boys didn't seem interested in staying with us girls so every time we moved on a few metres they would just not follow us. We queued for tickets, they queued much further back. We got the tickets, waited for them to get theirs and went to the ticket gate. They got the tickets and didn't follow us to the ticket gate. We got inside and took some pictures of the big water fountain while we waited for them. They arrived, took pictures of each other. We say come on let's go after hanging around for 10-15 minutes. They didn't follow. We went clockwise around the park, they went anti-clockwise. I don't know if this is because Jonna and the Spanish don't like each other or because the evil German has been spreading venom but there's a clear divide coming in the group and it's not nice. I think it's very likely that it'll affect my birthday plans so rather than Nino and I having a joint birthday together I think he will be with all the evil people and I'll either stay at home or do something lame like see a movie on my own or have an expensive dinner on my own. Seriously? Why does my birthday always suck?





So anyway, once they boys decided that they didn't want to spend the day with us and had blatantly ignored us we started around the park. Jonna doesn't like rollercoasters so we made her go on all of them. She particularly hated the Tower of Terror so we made her do that twice. She refused the third time :p Found chocolate popcorn this time around which was very nice, though not as good as the curry flavour (which I had to buy more of). Bought a Minnie Mouse bow for my hair and a pair of cute earrings. Rode every ride in the park this time around and tried to see the shows (though the Spanish boys arrived just as the Spring Carnival started so I didn't get to see much even though I think I was the only one who actually wanted to see it...I was sad about this). Tried to make stupid faces on the rides when they take pictures. Rosanna bought one so I'll have to get her to take a picture. Nearly missed the show at the end because it started 30 minutes early but managed to catch the last 5 minutes of us. Sucks but at least I saw a little. Lost Sophia at one point but found her again! Hurrah!



I should also mention that it was at Disney that I realised that the flapping thing that I always do is from Nobuta Wo Produce. Take a look at this clip (the beginning part and the end part) and you'll see what I mean. Thanks Jonna for pointing this out. I honestly never realised that I was doing this but it's something you'll catch me doing quite often in life. I'm so lame...



It was a good day :) I'm planning on going to Disneyland next week so I can do both parks before I go home. The Stitch ride in Disneyland closes for maintenance at the end of next week so I'll probably go next Tuesday after I get back from Korea.

Once we had seen the show at the end of the day we all headed home, well not me, I headed to Jonna's place to pick up my things as we were going to Osaka for the weekend...

No comments: