Friday 5 June 2009

Day 64

Right then, I'm updating this nearly a week late because I've been stupidly busy so once again forgive me for vagueness and lateness and mistakes and all that jazz.

Thursday, aka day 64, I went to see a concert and did some shopping. Headed in to Shibuya in the afternoon and had a wander about the shops looking for costume things for my birthday and for anything else that might catch my eye. Went in the 109 building and went all the way to the top. Turns out that once you've seen 1 floor, you've seen them all as they only really have 5 different types of shop. Gothy clothes with the lights turned down, frilly clothes, odd shaped clothes, shoes & handbags, hair accessories. That's it. So it was the same thing over and over again for 9 floors. I did see some very gaga shoes that I nearly bought and a fabulous bag that I'm going back for this week but other than that, it was pretty shit in there.

Did my usual spin of Donki and picked up some false eyelashes. Need to practice putting them on before the birthday^^ Not a lot else of interest in there today.


After I'd given up on the idea of finding what I wanted I decided to track down the club that the concert was in. Didn't find it but did spot a taiyaki place for future Shibuya outings and then Freshness Burger. But I still had more time so I decided to go to Tokyu Hands to waste 30 minutes. I was contemplating making a certain costume for my birthday and this would require materials including wire and I don't know where else to look for it so Tokyu Hands was a good place to look. Found what I wanted but wasn't buying that day but at least I know it's there. When I was wandering around though I spotted a section of the shop that does costume stuff so went to have a look. MUCH better things that Donki. Bit more expensive but worth it I think. Found my wig (but again not buying due to having a concert) and saw some awesome birthday related goodies. 30 minutes well spent^^





I left Tokyu Hands and headed back to Freshness Burger. Ate Vegetable burger which as it turns out is more tofu burger with vegetables but it was very very nice. Bit too expensive to repeat but very nice all the same.


After eating I went to find the club again. I was just about to give up and walk down to the station where there's a map when I randomly spotted it. Hurrah! Went in andput my things in a locker. Figured they wouldn't let me take in my camera but once I'd spent my 200yen on said locker and gone in, it turns out I could have brought it after all. Nevermind, at least I didn't have to hold bags the entire time in there. Got a free drink token with my ticket which I used to buy a Turkey Cola (cola and turkey whiskey). It was not so good but it was free so I drank it anyway.

Saw 3 bands in total. The first was a British band called Koopa. They were alright I guess. Kinda like Green Day but not so good. Second was a band called Hey Monday who seemed pretty popular there but I thought they were shit. Female fronted rock bands need to have a very special lead singer to pull it off....she was not special.

The third band was the one I came to see, Metro Station. They were pretty good though you could totally tell they were new to touring and live performance. They played their songs exactly like you hear them on the album. They're tidy songs but these guys need more live experience to work out how to turn their 3 minute pop tune in to a 6 minute live jam. In the end, it was all over by 9.30 (seriously right?) and so I headed outta there and toodled off back to Warabi to pack my suitcase for my trip to Korea.

No comments: