Thursday 4 June 2009

Day 63

Crap! Day 63? Wow time is getting on!

Began the day by going to Shinjuku to get some photos printed. Came to 90 yen. Put in a 100 yen coin and got 600 yen change. Muwahahahah! Free dinner :)

Went to see Star Trek today with Katharina :) Met her at school at 17:00ish which was nice as I got to say hello to everyone. Had a brief chat about going to the Thunder Dolphin and Korea but mostly just gibberish. The offer went out to everyone to come see Star Trek but no one wanted to. Pah! They missed a fab movie.


So just Katharina and I headed to Shinjuku. I'd already scoped out the cinema so I knew exactly where it was and that there was a Mos Burger right next door >:) Chatted a bit more about Korea while we ate. I really have no plan for this trip at all. What I've told Katharina is that I'll get everyone to the hostel but from that point on I'm taking the back seat. When someone doesn't understand something they must not turn to me for the answer. When no one can decide where to go, I'm not deciding for them. I just want to chill out there, have my first ever taste of Korean food, eat K-pop ice cream, buy a Korean doll and soak up the sun.

In between eating our scrummy burgers and seeing the movie we went in search of a Lawsons. There's a Metro Station concert on 4th June which I quite fancied seeing. I had tried once already to book a ticket but the machine foiled me. Turns out I just put my first name but it would only accept it with a full name. Once I'd figured that out with the help of Miss Dettling I printed my tickets off, paid and was a happy girl. If I'm honest, I only really know 1 Metro Station song (Shake it) but that's enough of an excuse for me to go see it. You only live once right? And I don't want to regret not going. Though I hope I don't regret seeing the spawn of Billy Ray Cyrus in concert either. I guess Trace is better than Miley.


Then it was Star Trek time. The cinema we were at was huge with all sorts of funky ass seats. Sofa's for couples, deluxe chairs, super deluxe chairs. And mostly free from Africa and Asia potential (aka getting a big head in front of you). The movie began with the cutest and funiest cartoon telling you how to behave in the cinema. Then as with any cinema about a gazillion movie trailers. No adverts though that I can remember. Saw trailers for some Japanese movies, Terminator, GI Joe and something else that maybe looked interesting but I forgot...lol!


The movie itself was fricking awesome. I'm not going to give you a review of it as a) I'm sure you've all seen it already and b) this isn't a review site. I'll just say I thought it was fab. Simon Pegg was great but then he is an awesome individual who can do no wrong. The dude playing Kirk was pretty good, Syler was annoying and I couldn't help thinking heroes whenever I saw him. There was too much Uhura. Bones was fab...great job at being Bones. Felt a little silly for not realising it was the dude from Lord of the Ring until this morning. Doh! And Chekov was adorable aww! Eric Bana was lame but he's always lame so I expected nothing else from him. Great movie though. Very funny, great action. Top stuff! Only thing that spoiled it was the Scotty in the Chocolate Factory scene. Lame.


Anyways, as always I'm updating this on the wrong day as always and it's getting pretty late so I need to get going. Laterz dudes!

ps....Kit Kat of the day


No comments: