Wednesday 10 June 2009

Day 65




So the day began fairly slowly. Got up, finished packing my suitcase. Did some laundry. Broke the machine and had a panic about being ready on time. But it all sorted itself out in the end and at around 15:30 I finally left to meet Rosanna and Katharina. Got to school pretty much when I wanted to and we jumped straigh on the train and headed to the airport. No sign of the boys though.

Arrived at the airport more or less when we planned. Picked up our tickets. Still no boys as their tickets were still there. Checked in, went to the scanning bit and that's when the first real problem occured. So I didn't have a plastic bag but they usually give you one at the airport. Apparently not at this airport (grr) so I got sent back outside and told to buy one which cost me 300yen. Not amused. I could have just stuck this stuff in my suitcase and they probably wouldn't have said anything but they were turds so I had to waste my money :(

Once through we didn't have a lot of time. Bought some food (including soy sauce flavoured Kit Kats) and then headed to the gate. Still no boys. I'm getting worried by this point but suddenly they appear so all is well. Not long after this we are boarding the plane and heading for Korea!


About 2 hours later we arrived at the airport. No problems for any of us to get in. It's pretty cool to have a new stamp in my passport. You don't get them very often if you're from the EU so now I have 4 (3 Japan and 1 korea). Tried calling the guesthouse to say we'd arrived late due to a delay on the runway but couldn't work out how to use the phone. Ended up missing the airport limousine by 5 seconds (gah!). We could have waited until 22:30 to get the next (and final) one but we were already late for the guesthouse so we just took a taxi. Took about an hour during which we amused ourselves by discussing English language particles. Are we in the street or at the street or on the street? Or maybe on Hawaii? My language is complicated :p



The taxi driver took us more or less where we wanted to go but he didn't know exactly where the hostel was and so we ended up driving around in circles for a bit while he called the hostel again and again to find the right way. We arrived eventually and thankfully Nino was there (and on Facebook I believe). Cool beans!


Of course, we were all tired but none of us particularly wanted to sleep so we went out in search of some food and drink. The people in the guesthouse wanted us to sit and drink with them so we picked up some beer as well and ended up sitting up until 02:00 drinking and laughing and eating. It was a whole heap of fun but it had to end as we had 2 more days of fun to come....which I'll update for you soon :p





No comments: